Saturday, April 10, 2010

Kate Playground Water



(Photo: D. Sharon Pruitt )

The truth, I never agree with the emos, but these philosophers melancholy and I have come by different paths to a great truth that is worth mentioning: that life is pain.

may sound like exaggeration, but true: the pain is a sensation that accompanies us from birth to death. From the time the obstetrician receives spanking us, life is composed of small and great pain. Hardly a day when we not feel at least dolorcillo here or there.

rarely aware of how much pain we experience because the mind tends to forget the pains small-indicators of temporary discomfort, and records only the great pains that indicate more serious ills. So we have fresh memories of when we broke his arm, but forget the seventeen times we found the little toe on the bedpost.

Unlike many, I do I am considerably more aware of the pain I experience every day, because thanks to my innate clumsiness, I am exposed to much more pain than most inconsequential. For some unknown disorder in my system Cerebral navigation, I always live by hitting the arms with the door handles. Also I have a tendency to bruise the ankles with alarming frequency. And my hands are covered with scars that are silent witnesses of the countless times I've burned, sliced \u200b\u200band / or my loved ones crushed limbs.

But there are worse places in the body to injury. With its billions of pressure sensors, temperature and pain, the fingertips are the undisputed champions of inconsequential pain. Just a faint touch to feel burning a couple of hours. A tiny pit that pierces the dermis may cause discomfort for days. And if a bad cut nails, have discomfort for a while.

If you have pain is uncomfortable, not having one is sick. Just ask those who suffer from CIPA , a rare nerve disorder that prevents the perception of young and old pains, and skin check requires the entire day to catch any injury before it becomes infected. And if by bad luck got a CIPA patient have appendicitis, you may be aware of it until you do the autopsy. Compared to that, to the chagrin of an ingrown toenail is desirable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment